Home
/
/

Extension and improvement of English Quay

Seth, in consortium with another Portuguese company and a Cape Verdean company, was chosen by the Cape Verdean government to carry out modernization and expansion works at Porto Inglês, on Maio Island, for 17.3 million euros.

The contract, which is the responsibility of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Spatial Planning and Housing of the Republic of Cape Verde, is 82.13% financed by the African Development Bank, with the remaining 17.87% being the responsibility of the Cape Verde State, and is expected to be completed within 18 months.

The contract consists of the following works:

  1. Repair of the existing jetty, comprising:
    1. general repair of the heading masses of the existing piles;
    2. general repair of the longitudinal and transversal beams;
    3. general repair of the slabs, on the lower and upper sides.
  2. Construction of a pier in reinforced concrete, where two “Roll-on/Roll-off” ramps will be built. The pier will be set on 112 reinforced concrete piles Ø950 mm, with the following final dimensions: 126 x 40 m.
  3. Construction of an advanced breakwater with an approximate length of 160 m, with bottoms varying between -7.00 and -12.00 ZH.
    The ends of the breakwater will be protected by two heads covered with “acropods type II ” in plain concrete, each weighing 16 tons. Will be applied in the two heads, 660 units of “acropod type II”.
  4. Increase of the land platform of the English Port, from the current 100 x 50 m to 100 x 100 m and, consequent reconstruction of the slopes of marine protection.
  5. Reconstruction of the access road to Porto Inglês, in an extension of about 2 km.

It is being studied the possibility of coming to be built a curtain of protection to the existing pier-bridge, initially designed in sheet piles but with the probability of coming to be in reinforced concrete piles.

See all Details

Client: Ministério das Infra-estruturas, do Ordenamento do Território e da Habitação da República de Cabo Verde
Contract type: Lump Sum
Construction period: 2019 – Under construction
Cost: EUR 17.322.786,96

Request more Information

Fill out the form to the side for additional information.

Seth will contact you as soon as possible.

Seth, SA requests your consent to register and process the personal data provided by our services in the processes of sending the requested information. We guarantee that the treatment and use of the information collected will be exclusively for this purpose, the consent being freely revocable and at any time you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition and elimination through the email comunicacao@seth.pt. If you agree, please click on “Consent to data collection and processing”.

Pesquisar

Search